Talk about surface area AND storage! Together, the Kangaroo and Joey II create an ideal workspace for large projects but can hop into any sewing room and fit perfectly. Have a heavier sewing machine or embroidery machine? No problem, this cabinet is built for that.
- Quilt leaf stored on the back of the cabinet
- Expands your workspace and prevents large quilts or large pieces of fabric from pulling and ending up on the floor
- Adjustable three-position hydraulic lift:
- Moves your machine into three positions: free-arm, flatbed and storage
- Designed with gas strut mechanism with a 45-pound capacity
- Removable cover to provide smooth work or cutting area when the sewing machine is in the storage position
- Removable front panel to use knee lifter
- Large left drawer includes a removable cover to expand your work area
- Remove cover for compact storage
- Does not feature doors or leaves, cabinet fits within 56″ area. The sewing machine is exposed in all three positions
- Heavy duty locking casters provide excellent portability and stability
- Optional Custom Machine Insert for a flush surface (sold separately)
Joey II Features:
- Three drawers of storage space for storing notions and other small accessories
- Locking casters provide portability and stability
- Drawers lock with small key
- Small enough to store in the Kangaroo’s pouch
- Kangaroo II Cabinet Dimensions
- Open (quilt leaf out) 55 ⅝” W x 40 ½” D x 29 ½ H
- Closed 55 ⅝” W x 21” D x 29 ½ H
- Joey II Dimensions
- 25 ¾” W x 16 ½” D x 24″ H
- Top two drawer dimensions: 22 ½ ” W x 13″ D x 2 ½” H
- Bottom drawer dimensions: 22 ½ ” W x 13″ D x 8″ H
- Sewing Machines that Fit:
- Supports sewing machines up to 55 pounds
- Width: 23-3/4” (left to right)
- Depth: 12-1/2” (front to back)
- Height: 14-1/2”
Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of the machine.
Both products made from melamine laminate, MDF, and composite
SEWING MACHINES THAT DO NOT FIT INTO THE KANGAROO II
We are aware of the following sewing machines that are too large to fit into the Kangaroo II sewing cabinet (K8805 Teak and K8811 Ash White):
BabyLock – Destiny & Solaris
Brother – Dream VX8500D & Luminaire Innov-is XP1
Janome – Horizon Memory Craft 15,000
Please note: The Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000 fits the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also, the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.
Elna – eXpressive 920
Please note: The machine fits the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also, the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.
The Bernina 7 and newer Bernina 8 Series models 820 and 830 are approximately 1/4″ too tall to allow the cabinet to close up fully when the machine is in the down position.
Please be advised that this list may change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.